- Helping utilities meet requirements with best practice demand-side management (DSM) for multifamily housing
- Through efficiency improvements and resident education programs, our DSM program shifts energy consumption and helps save energy & water.
- ICAST Advantage
- We specialize in multifamily housing — representing 25% of the US residential market
- Market-rate housing, and HUD, LIHTC, and USDA-RD subsidized multifamily housing hold key energy efficiency benefits as commercial properties serving residential use.
- ICAST has a variety of experience managing energy efficiency programs such as working with the State of New Mexico to establish a new statewide energy efficiency program for multifamily properties as part of the Weatherization Assistance Program.
- Combine all possible incentives (utility rebates, WAP, financing incentives, tax credits, etc.) to leverage:
- 1) Direct install programs focused on installing “low hanging fruit” energy conservation measures (i.e. the low-cost, high impact upgrades such as LED lighting), or
- 2) Deep retrofit programs focused on installing efficiency measures that are typically higher cost and produce larger energy savings.