- ICAST is a 501c3 contractor focused on the Low-Income Multifamily program at Southern California Regional Energy Network (SoCalREN) which is funded by Southern California Edison (SCE) and Southern California Gas (SCG).
- How it Works
- Why Upgrade?
- Summary of Program Offering
- Improvements must be completed by December 31, 2020
SoCal REN Multifamily DSM Program
ICAST is a 501c3 contractor focused on the Low-Income Multifamily program at Southern California Regional Energy Network (SoCalREN) which is funded by Southern California Edison (SCE) and Southern California Gas (SCG).
ICAST offers energy efficiency upgrades for your multifamily property using our nationally recognized one-stop-shop approach. We can help you upgrade your property by providing:
- Technical Assistance: An ICAST consultant will work with you, at no cost to you, to identify cost-effective upgrades for your MF property.
- Access Cash Incentives: ICAST will access utility rebates to reduce the project cost of installing upgrades to lighting, water heating, HVAC systems, appliances, building shell, etc.
- Turn-key Service: ICAST can help you access low-cost financing from the SoCalREN program, help manage the installs and provide training on the high efficiency upgrades, etc.
How it Works
Our Multifamily Program is designed to save you money and add value to your property. ICAST will make it easy for you to enroll and minimize your administrative burden to complete your upgrades and collect all incentives.
- Get a free site-assessment: We will identify the most cost-effective improvements with a free energy audit at your property.
- Get a detailed Analysis: Select the upgrades you want to make based on costs, payback and the incentives available for those upgrades.
- Make improvements: We can help you install the energy saving measures and reduce the cost of the project by the available incentives. Low-cost financing is also available if needed.
- Making your property more energy-efficient can result in ongoing energy cost savings.
- Today’s efficient systems and durable building materials reduce operating costs and require less maintenance.
- A more comfortable, green building can differentiate your property from less efficient properties and help you attract new tenants.
- Low-Cost financing and incentives make upgrades very affordable.
Summary of Program Offering
- The SoCalREN incentives are based on the total energy savings and can be as high as $1,200 per apartment.
Multifamily properties must meet the following eligibility criteria in order to participate in the program:
- Property is served by either Southern California Edison or SoCalGas®
- Building contains a minimum of three units
- Project must include at least three energy efficiency measures
- Project must achieve a minimum 10% energy savings
Improvements must be completed by December 31, 2020