- Provide access to solar PV to low-income residents living in MFAH.
- Develop a cost-effective, innovative approach to scale these solar projects.
- Creation of a repeatable project model in partnership with local utilities and national investors.
ICAST is seeking partners to develop utility owned shared solar projects for low income customers. ICAST is also establishing a National Advisory Council to assist delivering on the program over the next three years.
Benefits to Utility Partners
- Consulting expertise (MFAH, Regulatory, Legal, and Financial) and access to U.S. Department of Energy funding for project development by ICAST, at no cost to the utility.
- Help your low-income and vulnerable community, with no cross subsidy.
- Program structure where savings goes to reduce bills for eligible participants or for energy efficiency upgrades (Demand Side Management Programs).
- Pilot a solar PV (and energy storage) project for clean energy and peak load management.
Benefits to Investors
- Open large, untapped investment market: solar for multifamily affordable housing.
- Bankable investment as a utility backed program.
- Community Social Responsibility opportunity.
Benefits to Multifamily Housing Partners
- Savings on utility bills for both commercial meters and tenants.
- Green marketability of your property plus lower utility costs to potential tenants.