ICAST Secures Contracts to Grow its Clean Energy Efforts in Underserved Communities
ICAST has been busy forming new partnerships with federal and state agencies, utility companies, and others to deliver clean energy retrofits in multifamily affordable housing (MFAH). It has also been working with its existing partners to act on new opportunities. A few highlights of ICAST’s recent efforts are provided below:
- ICAST received an award from the New Mexico (N.M.) Mortgage Finance Authority (MFA) to continue managing New Mexico’s Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) for Multifamily for 2023-2024.
- ICAST recently officially signed the contract to partner with MFA on a U.S. Dept. of Energy Sustainable Energy Resources for Consumers grant in N.M. This work includes transforming WAP Projects into Grid Efficient Buildings by installing solar photovoltaic, battery energy storage systems, heat pump water heaters, air source heat pumps, and building energy management systems in multifamily projects.
- ICAST received $2,500 from Waste Management for afor a green retrofit project for Bella Luz (formerly Lamplighter Inn) in Santa Fe, NM. This affordable housing retrofit project will leverage P.V. solar, energy storage, heat pump-based HVAC and DHW, and much more.
- ICAST recently signed a contract to implement a MFAH Demand-Side Management program for El Paso Electric (EPE). EPE is a regional energy provider that is engaged in generation, transmission, and distribution service to power approximately 460,000 customers in a 10,000 square mile area of the Rio Grande valley in west Texas and southern New Mexico. Through this program, ICAST will help low-income families in southern New Mexico upgrade to heat pumps and save on utility bills.
- ICAST has officially signed the contract to implement “WAP 2.0” with funding through the U.S. DOE’s Enhancement and Innovation Program. WAP 2.0 is an innovative redesign of the WAP that will demonstrate how states can expand weatherization services for MFAH while incorporating distributed energy resource solutions.
As always, we are sincerely grateful to our partners for their support and their commitment to delivering economic, environmental, and social benefits in underserved communities.