Arizona Public Service
Multifamily DSM Program
ICAST is a 501(c)(3) Contractor Focused on the Low-Income Multifamily Program at Arizona Public Service (APS).
ICAST offers energy efficiency upgrades to multifamily properties using our nationally recognized "one-stop-shop" approach. We can help complete green upgrades to your property by providing:
- Technical assistance: An ICAST consultant will work with you, at no cost to you, to identify cost-effective green upgrades for your MF property.
- Access cash incentives: ICAST will access utility rebates to reduce the project cost for installing green upgrades such as LED lighting, solar, water heating, HVAC, Energy Star appliances, etc.
- Turn-key service: ICAST can help you access low-cost financing, manage the contractors doing the green upgrades, provide your staff with training on the upgrades installed, and other services as needed.
How it Works:
Our Multifamily Program is designed to save you money and add value to your property. ICAST will make it easy for you to enroll and complete your green upgrades.
- Get a free site-assessment: We will identify the most cost-effective improvements with a free energy audit at your property.
- Get a detailed analysis: Select the upgrades you want to make based on costs, payback and the incentives available for those upgrades.
- Make improvements: We can help you install the energy saving measures and reduce the cost of the project by the available incentives. Low-cost financing is also available, if needed.
- Making your property more energy-efficient can result in ongoing energy cost savings.
- Today’s efficient systems reduce operating costs and require less maintenance.
- A more comfortable, green building can differentiate your property from less efficient properties and help you attract new tenants.
- Low-Cost financing and incentives make upgrades very affordable.
Summary of Program Offering:
The APS incentives can be as much as $6,000 per apartment but do require a minimal amount of cost share and commitment from you, including:
- Agreement to install controls on your HVAC and electric hot water systems that APS controls.
- Commitment to providing WiFi connection to APS to control the HVAC and hot water to manage electric demand and help reduce time of use (TOU) charges for tenants.
- Property is served by APS
- Over 2/3rd of tenant households having documented income at or below 200% of federal poverty level
- Building contains a minimum of five units