TBL Fund is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) certified by the U.S. Department of the Treasury. As a partner organization to ICAST, its mission is to provide funding and technical assistance to help multifamily housing owners implement green property retrofits.
As an impact-driven CDFI, TBL Fund helps preserve affordable housing, creates local jobs, and addresses climate change by providing customized financing products, technical assistance, and innovative solutions for green upgrades at multifamily affordable housing and Indigenous communities. By financing clean energy projects and retrofits, TBL increases ICAST’s ability to serve.
TBL on the Weather Channel
Join Ryan Kristoff, Director of Business Development for ICAST, talks about TBL Fund to The Weather Channel team on their Facts are Facts show. Ryan talks about the TBL Fund's mission and outreach to underserved communities and how they and ICAST are helping underserved communities.
TBL Fund Impact
- Helping multifamily affordable housing and Indigenous communities gain access to green and clean energy solutions that otherwise elude them.
- Preserving affordability of housing for low-to-middle-income families.
- Creating local jobs and providing workforce training to low-to-middle-income populations.
- Increasing the comfort, health, and safety of all occupants.
- Increasing the value and life of multifamily affordable housing and Indigenous communities.
- Creating economic opportunities for disadvantaged communities.
- Savings on utility bills for low-to-middle-income households and disadvantaged communities
- Savings on healthcare costs for low-to-middle-income households living in multifamily affordable housing and Indigenous communities.
- Creating inexhaustible energy through renewable resources and decreasing fossil fuel use.
- Reducing carbon emissions to slow climate change and global warming.
- Providing clean water solutions and conservation.
- Improving indoor air quality in multifamily affordable housing and Indigenous communities leads to improved health.