MFA Housing New Mexico
Energy$mart Multifamily Weatherization Program
Benefits to Weatherization
- Helps reduce utility bills for income-eligible residents, and property owner;
- Increases value of property;
- Reduces Operation and Maintenance (“O&M”) costs for property;
- Reduces pollution;
- Increases comfort for the residents;
- Improves health and safety for residents;
- Preserves affordability of housing; and
Provides local jobs.
How it Works
Step 1: Upon Income qualification of the property, an energy assessment of the property is conducted to identify opportunities to enhance its energy performance.
Step 2: A Scope of Work is created for approval from the owner and MFA.
Step 3: Upon approval, the property is upgraded.
Step 4: Final inspections are completed before issuing a certification of completion.
- Subsidized multifamily properties with HUD Project Based subsidies, Public Housing, Low-Income Housing Tax Credits (“LIHTC”), or USDA-RD.
At least 66% of the dwelling units are occupied by a family unit whose income is at or below 200% of the poverty level.