In October, ICAST sent three representatives—CEO Ravi Malhotra, Director of Grant Programs Ryan Kristoff, and Senior Policy Analyst Kristen Cheriegate—to the National Association of State Energy Officials (NASEO) Annual Meeting in Portland, Oregon. During this event, our team engaged with State Energy Office officials from various states, delving into crucial topics such as emerging EPA initiatives like Solar for All, upcoming funding prospects for affordable housing and low-income communities, and DOE programs such as the Home Energy Rebate Program.
ICAST staff learned about a number of incredible best practices from federal officials, with speakers including but not limited to:
- Dr. Carolyn Snyder, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Buildings and Industry, Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, U.S. Department of Energy
- Dr. Henry McKoy, Director, Office of State and Community Energy Programs, U.S. Department of Energy
- Karen Zelmar, Home Energy Rebates Program Manager, Office of State and Community Energy Programs, U.S. Department of Energy
- Jaime Jackson, Senior Advisor, Rural Utility Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Brittany Stitch, Senior Advisor, Employment and Training Administration, U.S. Department of Labor
At ICAST, we take immense pride in being recognized as a trailblazer at the intersection of affordable housing and renewable energy/energy efficiency. We are profoundly grateful for the chance to collaborate and share best practices with industry luminaries. This experience empowers us to extend these invaluable insights and opportunities to the communities we serve most intimately—historically disadvantaged and underserved communities across the United States. We eagerly anticipate translating this knowledge into meaningful action and positive change within these communities.